Darry Taylor, President & Founder, Collections with Class®
INTERNATIONAL CREDIT ASSISTANCE LTD. Abbotsford, BC Position: President/Owner
HONG KONG BANK OF CANADA-Head Office (Previously The Bank of BC until November 1986) Manager-Special Credit
- Primary Objective was to minimize the Bank’s risk of exposure to loss of principal and interest income through consistent collection efforts.
- Supervised the management of a portfolio of problem consumer credit/commercial/real estate accounts. The portfolio consisted of non-performing loans with industry and geographic diversity.
- Personal credit and mortgage recovery strategies.
- Directed the activities of commercial banking team.
- Managed commercial loans directly with range up to $750,000.00.
- Exceeded by a substantial margin, all income objectives.
- Set-up management information systems to keep executive informed on results.
- Developed a good working relationship with government agencies/trustees that assisted optimum recoveries.
BANK OF BRITISH COLUMBIA Senior Loans Manager-Edmonton 1980-1983
- Responsible for the overall retail performance of the branch. Promoted from Loans Officer to Senior Loans Manager in a short period of time.
- The Branch was one of the largest retail operations of the Bank of British Columbia during my tenure.
Senior Loans Manager-N. Vancouver 1983-1984
- Basically the same as I have outlined above.
- During my career with the Bank of BC many responsibilities were assumed which assisted in a diversified career.
Deposit Manager-Vancouver Late 1984
- Directed the marketing of deposits for four (4) Vancouver Branches including Vancouver Main Branch.
- Trained bank staff during the bank’s difficult public perception problems.
Manager-H.O. Regina Mar.-May 1985
- Assisted in the set-up of nine (9) branches at Pioneer Trust which was taken over by the Bank of BC
- Branch training and credit authorization for all branch managers.
- Implemented recovery policies for loans taken over by the bank from Touche Ross (Receivers).
TRANS CANADA CREDIT TRADERS GROUP LIMITED, Manager
Manager in branches throughout Western Canada.
Recognized as a top producer.
Received numerous regional awards and was also awarded Traders Professional Management Club in 1978.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN, Saskatoon, Sask. Successfully completed one year Business & Commerce.
Successfully completed one year in Education Faculty, completed, entered the business world.
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY, Burnaby, BC, ICB Accounting
HAROLD GREGORIES Speech Essay Seminar
Mortgage Brokers Licensing Course, Calgary, Alta.
- Member, Chamber of Commerce for 30 years
- Past Advisory Board Member, Consumer Protection BC
- Member and Past President Abbotsford-Matsqui Rotary Club – 30 years
- Recipient Paul Harris Fellow